Friday, April 5, 2013

TGIF ... and Pageant Reflections!

I have to admit I am very glad its nearly the weekend! After a few hectic weeks I finally have time to write about and reflect on the wonderful experiences that I had at the Mrs. Kansas and Mrs. Missouri United States Pageant in St. Joseph March 23 and 24.

The women who gathered to compete at this pageant were just wonderful! Each one had unique and impressive traits as business owners, mothers and, in general, driven and confident ladies regardless of their age or where they were from. Between the photo shoots, rehearsals and then (finally) the live show we were busy but the weekend was so fun. It was made even better by the fact that I, and my sister queen Kristy Kelley, were crowned as the newest titleholders! The Holiday Inn St. Joseph staff were wonderful, as were the staff of the Historic Missouri Theatre - a truly amazing venue for this pageant. And, of course, the Vanbros & Associates staff put on a great show!

Winning this pageant means so much to me and I'm so honored and humbled to represent the state of Kansas for the next year! Many years of hard work and honing my skills paid off, and I am thrilled to serve my community as your new Mrs. Kansas United States 2013. In fact, I have my first official appearance tomorrow at the CureSearch Walk, which I am really looking forward to. I'm grateful to all the sponsors (see the links in the right-hand column) who so generously support myself and my sister queens, too. We couldn't do it without you!

So stay tuned and check back often as I blog about my journey and post pictures and stories about my many appearances, charity work, photo shoots and my trip to the national pageant in July. And remember to follow me on Twitter @RealMrsKSUS, on Facebook and if you've ever thought about competing yourself make sure to visit the Mrs. Kansas United States website for all the information you need.

Have a wonderful weekend!

All the best,

RYK

Photo courtesy of Rachel Imdieke at Rachel Imdieke Photography/Simply Joyful Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment