Monday, April 8, 2013

CureSearch Walk 2013

I went to my very first official appearance this past weekend, the CureSearch Walk 2013 in Kansas City, and I have to say it was an amazing experience. Karen Elliott, Vanbros' long-time pageant choreographer and the captain of our team Warriors for Ross, said it would be a touching event and she was right!

All 12 of Vanbros' current queens were in attendance from not only the Mrs. United States system but also the Miss USA and Miss Teen USA systems, as were hundreds of families from around Kansas and Missouri. Mrs. United States, Aquillia "Q" Vang, was there as well! Everyone walked to remember and honor children who've lost their fight with cancer and celebrate those who have survived or who are currently in treatment. And all the money raised by each team who walked goes to fund research and clinical trials in an effort to cure cancer and save children. A very worthy cause! Make sure you visit CureSearch's website to learn more.

The Warriors for Ross team walked in memory of Karen's grandson Donald "Ross" Elliott who died in 2011 after being diagnosed with Leukemia. I can't imagine how devastating that must have been for everyone who knew Ross, so I was honored to support Karen, her family and Vanbros' official charity, also named Warriors for Ross.

Even though it was windy and cloudy in the morning when we first arrived to CommunityAmerica Ballpark, the sun came out and it turned into a beautiful day! I also really enjoyed spending time with my sister queen Mrs. Missouri United States Kristy Kelley and meeting the other 10 titleholders! It was a day to remember and was one of the most touching events I've ever been to. So glad I had the opportunity to go.

Check back later to hear all about my first official photo shoot with Rachel Imdieke of Rachel Imdieke Photography/Simply Joyful Photography, to see more pictures from the CureSearch Walk and learn about what else I got to do over this very busy past weekend!

All the best,

RYK

Me and Kristy Kelley, Mrs. Missouri United States, before it got too windy!


No comments:

Post a Comment