Saturday, April 13, 2013

Photo Shoot Reflections

Last weekend was pretty busy ... CureSearch Walk with all the Vanbros ladies then receiveing my competition wardrobe on Saturday, and on Sunday having my first official photo shoot with Rachel Imdieke Photography, which was so much fun!

I shot with my sister queen Kristy Kelley and Aquillia Vang, Mrs. United States 2012 (also known as "Q"), was there to do my hair and makeup. I was so lucky to have a fabulous wardrobe and jewelry to shoot in thanks to my amazing director John Vannatta, plus flawless hair and makeup thanks to Q! It was a long day of shooting, starting at 11 a.m. and not ending until around 6 p.m. when all was said and done, but it was so worth it. With Rachel's meticiulous eye for detail, and the way she really puts you at ease, you would have to be crazy not to enjoy every minute! I truly had a blast! And who doesn't love feeling glamorous? It was a really amazing experience.

I know Rachel and John have looked over the photos, but I can't even wait to see them! I know there were some great pictures of Kristy and I in there that will make great headshots for the Mrs. United States website.

I also chose my competition swimsuit from Allyce King Swim, and ordered my Tony Bowls evening gown from Watercolors High Fashion for nationals last weekend as well. It's all becoming so real now! I receieved all of my interview coaching and preparation materials from Valerie Hayes The Pageant Coach and can't wait to start looking over that to prepare as best I can for Las Vegas in July. I can't say enough about the amazing sponsors we have - they really make a difference. Check out all the links to the right to get more on the sponsors; they're the best of the best! Seriously.

Busy day tomorrow, too. I am judging the Little Miss/Little Mister Imagination Pageants in Overland Park and can't wait to see all the brave and confident little children vying for the crowns!

I'll post pictures from the Little Miss and Little Mister Imagination Pageants as soon as I can, but in the meantime, check out more pictures from last weekend's CureSearch Walk, courtesy of Children's Mercy Hospital. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

All the best,

RYK

A little pic I snapped in between an outfit change at the photo shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment